The City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) reported that two residents who went to Angel Locsin’s community pantry and sought the local government’s free swab services last April 28 have tested positive for COVID-19.
The patients are a 42 year-old female, and another 43 year-old female, both from Brgy. Holy Spirit where the community pantry was held.
CESU Chief Dr. Rolando Cruz said the 11 year-old daughter of one of the said attendees also tested positive. The minor did not go to the community pantry but is currently manifesting COVID symptoms.
Cruz added the residents will be brought to one of the city’s isolation facilities for continuous monitoring and symptoms management.
“We will conduct immediate contact tracing to other members of their families to check if they are also infected with the virus,” said Cruz.
As of April 29, CESU has conducted swab testing to 62 other individuals who reported that they went to the community pantry, which was identified as a mass gathering. All are still awaiting results.
“We are urging those who went to last week’s gathering, please contact us and have yourself tested. This way, we can be assured that your families and our communities are safe,” said Cruz.
Affected residents may book an appointment via online at http://bit.ly/QCfreetest or through the CESU Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/QCEpidemiologyDiseaseSurveillance/.
They may also call any of the following QC Contact Tracing Hotlines: 8703-2759, 8703-4398, 0916-122-8628, 0908-639-8086 and 0931-095-7737.