City Accounting Department
- 3rd & 4th Floor, Finance Bldg., Quezon City Hall, Kalayaan Ave., Elliptical Road, Quezon City
- 8988-4242 loc. 8328 / 8339
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
MS. RUBY G. MANANGU
As mandated in Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991.
To assist management in attaining operational efficiency, fiscal discipline and strategic allocation of the Quezon City’s resources.
To provide management with timely, relevant and useful financial information and reports in making rational, prudent government spending and investment decisions responsive to the needs of its constituents.
We commit to:
- Prepare clearly, comprehensively, and fairly present the financial statements on a timely manner in compliance with reportorial requirements.
- Inform local government officials and sanggunian of the financial condition and operations of the city government.
- Know what needs to be done in the examination of supporting documents to determine completeness of requirements to very claim for payments.
- Promptly attend to all queries and provide assistance prior to the end of working hours and during lunch breaks.
- Record, maintain and keep all records and reports related to disbursements, obligation of funds, journals and index card details payments to contractors/suppliers, employees regardless of status.
- Develop and nurture employees of the department by providing responsive values and competency enhancement mechanism for personnel development and competitiveness.
- At all times, perform official duties properly and diligently. Fully commit to the duties and responsibilities of the office during working hours.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities as public servants with utmost and genuine courtesy, fairness, honesty and in compliance with the law.
- Providing service to everyone without unfair discrimination and regardless of party affiliation or preference.
- Performing one’s duties with the highest degree of excellence, intelligence, skills and utmost devotion and dedication to duty. Endeavour to discourage wrong perceptions as dispensers or peddlers of undue patronage.
- Striving for the best and taking pride, in the calling and practice of one’s profession according to ethical standards and applying appropriate technical knowledge to best serve the public.
- Not engage in conduct incompatible with the faithful discharge of official duties.
Ms. Grecile P. Gumban
OIC, Assistant City Accountant
8988-4242 loc. 8800
Ms. Alicia A. Ostaco
8988-4242 loc. 8328
Barangay Accounting Services Division
Ms. Irene P. Jallorina
8988-4242 Loc. 8325
Financial Accounts and Analysis Division
Mr. Ernesto G. Hinal
8988-4242 Loc. 8323
Fiscal Management and Control Division
Ms. Nora C. Arceo
8988-4242 Loc. 8326
Receiving – Loc. 8337
Processing – Loc. 8341
Payrolls, Bills, and Remittance Division
Ms. Maria Rowena C. Venturina
8988-4242 Loc. 8324
Revenue Abstract and Statistics
Mr. Santos D. Peralta Jr.
8988-4242 Loc. 8322
services and programs
An Ordinance establishing the CITY ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT as mandated under Republic Act No. 7160, providing for its organization, defining its functions and responsibilities and appropriating the necessary funds for its operation and adopted on February 24, 1998.
As mandated in Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, the Accountant shall take charge of both the accounting and internal audit services of the Local Government Unit.
ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISION FUNCTION
- Takes charge of all matters relating to personnel action such as preparation of appointments and related pertinent documents, requests for authority for the filling up of vacant positions, notice of salary adjustments, and other activities pertaining to administration;
- Takes charge of employee’s leave applications and maintain records of their corresponding leave credits;
- Maintains a centralized system of records keeping for the Department;
- In charge of all matters relating to computer information and system;
- Prepares budget and accomplishment reports of the Department;
- Takes charge of the supervision/administration of office personnel, other general services and job assignment of drivers;
- Takes charge of the acquisition, maintenance, and disposition of supplies and equipment;
BARANGAY ACCOUNTING SERVICES DIVISION FUNCTION
- Maintains the books of original entry, General and Subsidiary Ledgers for barangay properties as well as the record of accountabilities of each Barangay Treasurer;
- Prepares financial statements for each barangay units and the reconciliation statement of each barangay depository account;
- Keeps and acts as custodian of the books of accounts and financial records of all barangays;
- Assists in the physical inventory taking of barangay properties and in the preparation of the reports thereon;
- Maintains records of accountability of each of the Barangay Treasurer;
- Recapitulates real property tax collection for each barangay and determines the share of each in such collections;
- Consolidates all the proceeds of community tax collected to the barangay fund where the tax is collected;
- Ensures the propriety and validity of all obligations incurred and subsequent payments by the Barangay Treasurer;
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS AND ANALYSIS DIVISION FUNCTION
- Keeps and maintains a systematic, complete, and reliable set of books of accounts of the City Government;
- Prepares and submits financial statements and other related reports to the City Mayor, City Council, and other government agencies;
- Analyzes and interprets the financial statements/reports of the City; prepares reports based on the findings and analysis made and recommends appropriate action thereon;
- Maintains subsidiary ledgers for the cost of individual projects (project cost accounting);
- Coordinates with the project implementing units of the City on matters relating to project costing;
- Summarizes and prepares reports on on-going and completed projects;
- Analyzes past due accounts and recommends appropriate action to be taken thereon;
- Coordinates with the different offices regarding compliance/settlements of COA suspensions/disallowances;
FISCAL MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL DIVISION FUNCTION
- Examines claims for payments and vouchers in support of disbursements to ascertain legality, accuracy of computation, account classification, and conformity with established accounting and auditing rules and regulations;
- Records and controls the releases of allotments for all offices/centers as a basis for the certification of the availability of funds by the City Accountant;
- Implements fiscal policies and guidelines on appropriation, allotment, and obligations;
- Prepares monthly reports on the Status of Funds available to the different city offices and departments;
- Provides a system of monitoring the implementation of cost reduction and improvement of the system on the processing of financial transaction for effective managerial control;
- Inspects deliveries of supplies and infrastructure projects being undertaken by the City Government;
PAYROLLS, BILLS AND REMITTANCE DIVISION FUNCTION
- Checks and coordinates closely with the payroll/administrative units of the different departments/offices on the uniform application of payroll policies, policies, procedures, and form;
- Checks payrolls and vouchers pertaining to personal services as to amounts of claims, deductions, and statements of remittances;
- Maintains City officials and employees earnings records;
- Issues bills to take up accounts receivables due from other government agencies as well as private entities;
- Prepares remittances of collections and other payments due to other government instrumentalities and private entities;
- Issues certification of taxes, premiums, contributions, loans, and other deductions withheld from employee’s salaries, and from payments to suppliers, contractors, and related parties;
REVENUE ABSTRACT AND STATISTIC DIVISION FUNCTION
- In charge of abstracting and summarizing all revenues accruing to the City;
- Prepares monthly reports of actual receipts and revenues of the City;
- Prepares income projection for certain periods and other statistical data for analysis to determine the financial and economic standing of the City;
- Prepares monthly revenue adjustments;
- Verifies, classifies, and records duplicate copies of official receipts received from the City Treasurer’s Office;
- Verifies applied deposits and refunds of cash bond deposits.
CAD CITIZEN'S CHARTER 2020