City Architect Department
- 5th Floor, Civic Center D (BRO) Building, Quezon City Hall Compound
- 8988-4242 loc. 1501 / 1509 / 8166
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Ar. LUCILLE H. CHUA, fuap, piep
RA 7160 Section 485 (Local Government Code) and Ordinance No. SP-2316, Series of 2014.
The City Architect Department (CArD) started out as the Special Design Group (SDG), a consultancy team formed in 2003 under the leadership of then Quezon City Mayor and now Honorable Congressman Feliciano “Sonny” Belmonte, Jr., with Ar. Virgilio “Bong” S. Regala, Jr. as its first head. It was created to address the needs of the city for well conceptualized urban projects, which were based on sound and acceptable architectural principles and it basically handled the design of the city’s institutional and housing projects.
Recognizing the vital role of the architect in the planning of a fast-growing and developing city, QC Ordinance No. SP-2316, S-2014 was introduced and sponsored by Hon. Councilor Roderick M. Paulate. The Quezon City Architect Department was promulgated by DBM in 2015, making it the very first architect department in a local government unit in the Philippines. From the year of its creation, CArD was headed by Ar. Regala and was succeeded by Ar. Lucille H. Chua in February 2019, who currently heads the department.
To date, from SDG to CArD, the office has produced designs for more than a thousand vertical government projects such as schools, offices, police outposts, housing projects and other institutional structures. It shall continue to pursue its commitment to create notable QC government projects, guided by the legacy of former President Manuel L. Quezon, by designing infrastructure that are reflective of the city’s growth: progressive, dynamic and steadfast.
It is the mission of the Department to provide the City with high quality designs and plans for the City’s vertical infrastructure that will define the its physical growth and development, adopting the principles of utility, strength, economy and aesthetics.
The City Architect Department envisions itself to be the center for sound and aesthetically pleasing Architectural and other auxiliary (engineering) Designs for the City’s built-up environment, as the City is conceived to be a Model City that promotes sustainable and inclusive development, and emerge as the country’s most developed city.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To translate the vertical infrastructure requirements of the City into Architectural and other auxiliary (engineering) Plans, Designs and Specifications, with consideration for the environment and the public at large, and in compliance with the standards required in the National Building Code of the Philippines and other pertinent laws and local ordinances.
- Develops design concepts and plans for the City’s vertical infrastructure requirement based on functional relationships and uses;
- Converts and interprets urban plans into functional and aesthetically-designed communities in accordance with the needs of the end-users;
- Formulates project feasibility studies and undertakes site selection, design analysis, architectural programming, research and development of construction technology and selection of applicable construction materials;
- Ensures compliance to architectural design standards, safety regulations, local and national planning regulations and restrictions and engineering standards, given prescribed budgets for construction projects;
- Provides technical assistance and support to the other offices of the City in relation to the requirement for architectural services;
- Extends technical assistance to barangays and other non-government organizations as directed;
- Oversees the construction of vertical infrastructure based on approved designs, plans and costs;
- Promotes the adoption of environmentally-friendly, sustainable building designs.
- Architectural Plans & Design of New Projects
- Architectural Plans & Design of Housing Projects
- Repair, Renovation & Rehabilitation of Existing Infrastucture
- Preparation of Furniture Layout and Request
Ms. MARILEN S. LABABIT
Chief Administrative Officer
8988-4242 local 1501
Ar. RONALDO R. PAMINTUAN
Planning & Programming Division
8988-4242 local 1509
Ar. RUEL G. RESURRECCION
Acting Architect V
Architectural Design Division
8988-4242 local 8166
Engr. RICARDO E. DEBALOCOS JR.
Special Operations Officer IV
Engineering & Auxiliary Services Division
8988-4242 local 1501
Ar. MARK ANTHONY H. BALADJAY
Supervising & Monitoring Division
8988-4242 local 1509
CArD CITIZENS CHARTER 2020