City Architect Department
- 5th Floor, Civic Center D (BRO) Building, Quezon City Hall Compound
- 988-4242 loc. 1500, 1501, 1509
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The City Architect Department envisions itself to be a center for the City’s Architectural Designs that will transform it into a Model City and will epitomize an atmosphere geared towards the emergence of the country’s most developed city. Founding Date2003 – Special Design Group (SDG)2014 – City Architect Department (CArD) MANDATE: Legal Basis: RA 7160 Section 485 (Local Government Code) and Ordinance No. SP-2316, Series of 2014.
To translate the infrastructure requirements of the City into an Architectural Plans, Designs, and Specifications with consideration to the environment and the public at large and in compliance with the standards required in the National Building Code of the Philippines.
- Develops design concepts and plans for functional relationship and uses;
- Determine form, appearance, converts and interprets urban plan into a functional and aesthetically designed community suitable for human use;
- Coordinates with appropriate agency/entity on aesthetics and maximum use of land and water within the city to be compatible with the environmental integrity and ecological balance;
- Formulates economic and feasibility studies, site selection, design analysis, architectural programming, research and development of construction technology, and selection of applicable construction materials.
Arch. Lucille H. Chua, UAP, PIEP
Department Head / Officer-in-Charge
988-4242 loc. 1500, 1501, 1509