Internal Audit Service
- 4th Floor, High Rise Building, Quezon City Hall, Diliman, Quezon City
- 8988-4242 local 1203
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
IAS was created to ensure the evaluation of management controls and operation performance, and the determination of the degree of compliance with laws, regulations, managerial policies, accountability measures, ethical standards, and contractual obligations.
IAS shall have the following functions, duties and responsibilities:
- Advice the City Mayor on matters relating to management control and operations audit;
- Conduct compliance, management and operations audit;
- Review and appraise systems and procedures, organizational structures, asset management practices, financial and management records, reports, and performance standards of the executive department;
- Analyze and evaluate management deficiencies and assist top management by recommending realistic courses of action; and
- Perform such other related duties and responsibilities as may be required by law or ordinance.
Under Executive Order No. 01 Series of 2019 dated July 4, 2019, pursuant to Administrative Order No. 278 dated April 28, 1992 and reiterated in Administrative Order No. 70 dated April 14, 2003, all heads of government offices, agencies, GOCCs, GFIs, SUCs and LGUs are mandated to organize an Internal Audit Service (IAS), in their respective offices. The IAS shall be an integral part of the executive branch of the city government and shall assist in the management and effective discharge of its responsibilities without intruding into the authority and mandate of the COA under the Constitution. It shall function in accordance with the policies established by the provisions of R.A. No. 3456, as amended by R.A. No. 4177. Further, it shall be detached from all functions of routine operating character enumerated under Section 2 of AO 278, s. 1992.
A progressive Quezon City that caters for the need of its constituents, adopting and maintaining effective and reliable internal controls that implement the best practices with the lowest tolerance to graft and corruption in the City.
To effectively update and inform the City Mayor with reliable audit information that is vital in making decisions to help achieve the purpose of good governance all throughout the City.
We, at IAS, are committed to providing an independent and objective evaluation of internal controls systems of the City, for effective, efficient, ethical, and economic operation through the conduct of compliance, management, and operations audits. Moreover, all applicants or requesting parties who are within the premises of the IAS Office prior to the end of official working hours and during lunch break shall be attended to.
Atty. Noel Emmanuel C. Gascon
Head, Internal Audit Service
(8)988-4242 local 1203