The Quezon City Public Library takes charge of the acquisition, collection, organization, distribution, and preservation of books and non-book materials to meet the needs of the reading public. QCLP manages the dissemination of information through books and non-book materials that promote the educational, economic, moral, social, and cultural well-being of the city populace. QCLP also facilitates the use of the library as a venue for audio-visual presentations and other kinds of exhibition and activities.
Provide quality resources and services to meet the changing needs of the community through the introduction of innovative techniques for the advancement of learning and literacy.
Train and develop the staff to be equipped with the needed skills and competencies and strive to be an innovator in public library services.
Foster strong linkage and partnership among government and non-government agencies both local and international.
The QCPL envisions itself to be a premier and world class public library, responsive to the information and research needs of the community.
- Republic Act 411, An Act To Provide For The Establishment, Operation And Maintenance Of Municipal Libraries Throughout The Philippines, Appropriating Fund Therefor.
- City Ordinance No. 3559, S.1957, Prescribing The Powers And Duties Of Quezon City Librarian And Superintendent, Quezon City, And Promulgating Rules And Regulations For The Operations Thereof.
- Republic Act 7743, An Act Providing For The Establishment Of Congressional, City And Municipal Libraries And Barangay Reading Centers Throughout The Philippines, Appropriating The Necessary Funds Therefor And For Other Purposes.
- City Ordinance No. SP-2291, S.2014, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 3559 Series Of 1957, Prescribing The Powers And Duties Of Quezon City Librarian And Superintendent, Quezon City, And Promulgating Rules And Regulations For The Operations Thereof.
- City Ordinance No. 2597, S.2017, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 3559, S.1957, As Amended By Ordinance No. SP-2291, S.2014, Thereby Expanding The Role Of The Quezon City Library And Information Center To Include Print And Digital Publishing Services.
Provide efficient and accurate information to our clients through available relevant resources in different formats.
Develop human resources to become fully aware of our duties as professionals, be accountable in everything we do, and be respectful in dealing with our clients, co-employees, and duly constituted authorities.
Continue to be an influence to other public libraries in the country, being the leader in public library service through our innovative strategies and initiatives.
Attend to all applicants, clients, and requesting parties who are within the premises of the office prior to the end of official working hours and during lunch break.
Local Book Collections
QC MILESTONES: TIMELINE OF EVENTS THAT SHAPED A GREAT CITY: 1588 – JUNE 30, 2016
Main Researcher, Lucila R. Raquiño ; Main Photographer, Rome Mariano
Published by Quezon City Public Library, 2017
HISTORY OF QC BARANGAYS: JOURNEY TO EARLY BEGINNINGS OF QUEZON CITY BARANGAYS
Prepared by Quezon City Public Library, Publication Services
Published by Quezon City Public Library, 2019
FACETS OF FAITH: DISCOVERING THE CHURCH HERITAGE OF QUEZON CITY
By Malacura, Billy Ray C.
Published by Quezon City Government, 2017
WALKING THE CITY OF LITERATURE : A FILM AND LITERARY GUIDE TO QUEZON CITY
Written and edited by Sarge Lacuesta and Mookie Katigbak-Lacuesta
Publisherd by RPD Publications, 2020
Newly Acquired Books
VISUAL ATLAST OF SCIENCE
By Fabián Cassan
Published by Editorial Sol 90, 2018
PATTERNS FOR THE FILIPINO DRESS: FROM THE TRAJE DE MESTIZA TO THE TERNO, (1980s-1960s)
By Salvador F. Bernal and Georgina R. Encanto: with photographs by Francis L. Escaler
Published by Cultural Center of the Philippines, 1992
CULTURAL CENTER OF THE PHILIPPINES ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PHILIPPINE ART
By Cultural Center of the
Published by Cultural Center of the Philippines, 2017
QUEZONIAN NEWSLETTER : THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER OF QUEZON CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Volume 15, Issue 2 April – June 2021
By QCPL, Publication Services
QCPL Citizen Charter 2021 (2nd Ed.)
QCPL Citizen Charter 2023