Scholarship and Youth Development Program
- 7th Floor, Civic Center Building A, City Hall Compound
- 9884242 local 8738
- SYDPSubmission@quezoncity.gov.ph; SYDPSubmit@quezoncity.gov.ph
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Special project of the QC government by virtue of City Council Resolution No. 577,series of 1991 Financial assistance to deserving students among underprivileged families inQuezon CityAimed to enhance educational and skilled manpower under the city’s development program.
SYDP envisions a city which is modernized and progressive wherein the interests of the youth have primary importance i the development of the City. A City wherein youth are empowered and educated.
- To help the City government in addressing and minimizing the problem of out-of school youth.SYDP shall spearhead the promotion and implementation of Quezon City Scholarship Program that will provide better services especially to the deserving students among the economically disadvantaged families.
- SYDP shall pursue youth empowerment through leadership skills training and livelihood programs.
- Organize the youth into a broader network in order to promote active participation in governance.
- To open opportunities to quality education.
- To minimize the number of displaced youth in the city.
- To upgrade literacy of the residents.
- To promote activities for youth development such as trainings, seminars and projects; and
- To attain the objective of the QC Government in promoting the advancement of Science and Technology.
SYDP Mandated Functions:
- Open the opportunities to quality education.
- Minimize the number of displaced youth in the City.
- Upgrade the literacy of the City residents.
- Promote activities for youth development such as trainings,projects and seminars.
- To attain the objective of the Quezon City Government in promoting the advancement of Science and Technology.
Ms. Maricris Laureta
Officer-in-Charge / SYDP
SYDP Citizen Charter 2019