Task Force Streetlighting
- City Administrator’s Office 4th Flr. High Rise Bldg. Quezon City Hall Compound, Diliman, Quezon City
- 988-4242 local 8618
About the Task Force
MICHAEL VICTOR N. ALIMURUNG
ENGR. RICARDO T. AUREO
ELISEO DC. ADRIANO
ASSISTANT ACTION OFFICER
Executive Order No. 8, Series of 2020
Creating the Task Force for Quezon City Integrated energy Efficient Streetlighting Program known as “TASK FORCE STREETLIGHTING”. It shall have the following functions;
- To formulate a comprehensive plan on the implementation of the Quezon City Integrated Energy Efficient Streetlighting Program for approval of the City Mayor;
- To set guidelines and criteria for project site selection and implementation of the QC Streetlighting Program;
- To conduct inventory, validation and monitoring of all streetlights within the City limits regardless of ownership, location, type, etc;
- To turn-over to the concerned Barangay the monitoring of operational streetlights who will certify, together with the Head of Barangay and Community Relations Department (BCRD) as to the veracity and correctness of the power consumption, prior to the payment of MERALCO bills;
- To detail and assign City Officials/personnel to augment the administrative and technical requirement of the Task Force;
- To coordinate with MERALCO all matters pertaining to application, processing and payment of MERALCO accounts;
- To conduct all required site inspections/verifications;
- To plan, implement and supervise the needed installation, repair and maintenance of streetlight facilities and its appurtenances.
New streetlights are to be installed in the requested area to increase the illumination in the city in order to augment safety and security of the community. Prior to the installation, an inspection will be conducted first to determine whether installation is feasible or not.
REPAIRS and MAINTENANCE OF EXISTING STREETLIGHTS
Existing streetlights are being maintained by the City in order to maintain illumination in the area. The act of repairing/ replacing streetlight components is being done when it is non-operational or of being a threat to safety of lives and properties. Also, the replacement of posts that are dilapidated and damaged due to accidents and force majeure as well as trimming of tree branches that are covering streetlight luminaires that affects its illumination and painting of old posts and pedestals.
The Task Force assists to different Government Departments, Offices, Agencies, Barangays and Homeowner in other tasks like tree trimming, installation of tarpaulins, lanterns and Christmas decorations, CCTV rectification, Dangling wires operation and emergency rescue during typhoons or other calamities.
Programs and Projects
Quezon City Integrated Energy Efficient Streetlighting Program
To be able to provide an integrated program in the installation, retrofitting, and repair & maintenance of City streetlights thru implementation of Integrated Energy Efficient Streetlighting Program that will further reduce power consumption and use a centralized management system while attaining 100% City illumination level.
- Installation of additional streetlights to attain 100% illumination level.
- Retrofitting of existing streetlights into Centralized Management System
- Repair & Maintenance of streetlights including replacement of dilapidated post and tree-trimming
How to avail services, programs and projects
Task Force Streetlighting Services, Programs and Projects can be avail thru;
- Request letter for New Installation to be forwarded to City Administrator’s Office at City hall for letter receiving and recording.
- Trunk line or landline call to main office at Quezon City hall or Satellite Office at San Bartolome for repair and emergencies.
Additional Contact Information
Task Force Streetlighting Satellite / Field Office
Holy Cross Memorial Drive
San Bartolome, Quezon City
TF Streetlighting Services