QC Govt Hires Students, Out-of –School Youth for Summer Job Program



The Quezon City Government has offered job opportunities to some 680 students and out of school youth who wish to earn extra money for their education during summer vacation.

The city government has set aside a total of Php 5,549,610.00 to fund the city’s summer job program, which is being implemented by the QC Public Employment and Services Office (PESO), in partnership with the Department of Labor and Employment.


The 680 students, who were chosen among the 5,000 applicants, will start their summer jobs on April 3, 2018 in different departments and offices at QC Hall.
Of the total, 380 will be employed under the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) while 300 qualify under the Government Internship Program (GIP).
Under the program, students from Grade 10 to third year college, ages 15 to 22, are qualified to be employed as intern and be able to work in government service this summer vacation.


Students under GIP will work for 30 days and be paid at least 75 percent of the minimum wage of government workers while students under SPES will work for 20 days and shall receive a minimum wage at the end of the program. The city government provided 60% of the funds and the remaining 40% will come from DOLE.
Most of the students who took advantage of the program are from indigent families of the city.


Read 2303 times Last modified on 27 Sep 2018

Who's Online

We have 606 guests and no members online