Barangay and Community Relations Department
- 5th Floor, Civic Center Building A, City Hall Compound
- 8988-4242 local 8520 / 8522 / 8524 to 8528
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
MR. RICARDO B. CORPUZ
8988-4242 loc. 8525
Barangay and Community Relations Department was created thru City Ordinance SP-2563, S-2017 “AN ORDINANCE MERGING THE BARANGAY OPERATIOONS CENTER (BOC) AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICE (CRO) TO BE KNOWN AS THE BARANGAY AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS DEPARTMENT (BCRD) AND RATIONALIZING ITS FUNCTIONAL STRUCTURE”
The Barangay and Community Relations Department envisions itself as a catalyst of people’s participation and good governance in partnership with the Barangay Government, Civil Society Organizations and Private Sectors, towards the realization of an inclusive and sustainable development in Quezon City
It is our mission to serve, guided by the principles of Dedication, Responsibility, Empowerment, Accountability and Motivation with the Barangay Government, Civil Society Organizations and Private Sectors with the aid of the Divine Providence.
The BCRD envisions itself as catalyst of people’s participation and good governance in partnership with Barangay Government, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Private Sectors (PS) towards the realization of an inclusive and sustainable development in Quezon City.
It is our mission to serve, guided by the principles of dedication, responsibility, empowerment, accountability and motivation, in collaboration with the Barangay Government, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Private Sectors (PS), with the aid of divine providence.
OFFICE PROGRAMS, SERVICES AND PROJECTS
I. ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT PROGRAM:
This program provides administrative and operational requirements of the department particularly on the budget preparation, management of personnel, properties, supplies, facilities and finances.
It also designed to effectively maintain office records/data file being the Secretariat of the 142 barangays /communities accredited Civil Society Organizations/People’s Organizations (CSOs/POs) of this City as well as to promote and enhance effective barangay/community government administration.
In addition, this program also aims to assist the barangay officials in the facilitation of benefits due to the barangay officials in accordance with existing laws and ordinances, such as civil service eligibility, free tuition fee privileges, burial claims.
- Receive and act upon communications, request and complaints emanating from barangays, city, national and other agencies.
- Issued payment orders on request for authentication/verification/certification pursuant to the QC Revenue Code as amended (Sec 19 of City Ordinance No. SP-1452, S-2004) at P50.00 per certification/verification.
- Prepare/facilitate the appointment/oath of office/bonding requirements of the newly appointed barangay officials.
- Provide directory of updated barangay officials to the city/national agencies and the general public.
- Assist the barangay/city in the reproduction of informative materials regarding city programs.
- Prepare/act upon necessary documents and extend assistance to the personnel of this department through Personnel Section
- Prepare/facilitate Barangay/SK Officials’ benefits and privileges like civil service eligibility, free hospitalization/free tuition fee in State Universities/Vacation Leave and Sick Leave.
- Prepare and issue as requested service records of Barangay Officials/SK Officials, certification/authentication for employment, loan purposes or BIR requirements.
- Prepare pertinent documents and facilitate the processing of burial reimbursement claims of Barangay/SK Officials
- Provision of Philippine Flag for Barangay Officials/BPSOs who died in line of duty during their incumbency and
- Prepare/Issue indorsements to SSDD relative to the granting of Phil health Cards to Barangay Officials, Leaders and indigent residents of this City.
II. MONITORING COORDINATION AND MOBILIZATION PROGRAM:
This program aims to monitors and coordinates barangay/community meetings / assemblies, programs, projects, activities and implementation of policies.
It aims to ensure that Barangay/SK Officials are performing their mandated functions, duties and responsibilities such as holding of barangay assemblies, regular council meetings, implementation of barangay policies and regulations, organization of barangay development council, etc.
- Monitoring barangay meetings, such as Regular Council Meetings, Barangay General Assemblies, Liga ng mga Barangay Meetings, Association of Barangay Treasurers, Kagawads, Secretaries, and barangay activities.
- Assist and coordinate regarding Barangay Meetings, Dialogues, fora and Orientation, Seminars and some barangay activities relative to the City’s programs, projects like Solid Waste Management, Traffic Management, Peace and Order/Crime Prevention, Medical and Dental Services, etc. and Turn-Over of Barangay properties.
- Inspection/investigation of barangay complaints and other incidents that occurred in the barangay
- Schedule/coordinate/facilitate the projects/activities of the City Mayor.
- Assist and coordinate with different offices / departments / agencies with respect to the implementation of barangay projects and activities
III. BARANGAY CAPABILITY BUILDING PROGRAM:
This program aims to enhance the capability of barangay leaders in barangay administration and governance and provide said leaders learning opportunities on certain specialized and specific concerns affecting the community.
Formulate plans and program of this Office like meetings, project formulation such as but not limited to orientation-seminar-workshops in connection with the City’s programs, projects and activities.
IV. CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
A road map of appropriate individual and organizational enhancement interventions (on structure, management system, enabling policies, knowledge and learning) to address priority capacity development needs along with the defined LGU performance outcomes.
V. COMMUNITY RELATIONS PROGRAM
It aims to implements community development programs, projects and activities in partnership with the Non-Government Organization (NGO), Peoples Organizations (POs) and Community Leaders.
VI. BARANGAY PROGRAM AWARENESS
It aims to encourage the active participation of barangays and all sectors in the community in the promotion of the city’s barangay programs, projects and activities.
TECHNICAL & RESEARCH SERVICES
This program aims to provide technical assistance to the office, barangays and communities, devices systems, strategies and approaches of barangay activities; as well as undertake surveys, studies and researches in view of providing a databank of the departments/office, schools/universities and other agencies.
This program also aims to provide legal assistance in the preparation of affidavits, rendering of legal opinions and advices, court appearances related to cases in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Extend technical assistance in the formulation/implementation/evaluation of barangay projects and activities.
- Provide statistical data and BARANGAY PROFILE of 142 barangays to different offices / departments / agencies, schools / colleges / universities for the preparation of school term papers, research, graduate thesis, business feasibility studies and for referred reference.
- Consolidate/analyzed/evaluate different monitoring reports/ data gathered and for submission to concerned offices/departments for reference and appropriate action.
- Extend legal assistance on the cases/complaints filed in the office.
- Conduct background investigation/verification on the complaints filed in the office.
PLANNING & PROGRAMMING SERVICES
This program aims to formulates long-range and annual plans, programs and projects for the department.
It also designed to effectively handle the accreditation process; keep records of accredited Civil Society Organizations/People’s Organizations (CSOs/POs) of this City as well as to promote and enhance effective barangay/community government administration.
SPECIAL TASK/PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
This program aims to identify the City’s programs, projects and activities and to provide assistance to the other agencies and offices in the efficient and effective implementation of their respective projects and activities which need involvement and participation of the 142 barangays.
- Implementation/strengthening of City’s program/projects
- Legislative-Executive Development Advisory Council (LEDAC)
- Local Advisory Committee (LAC)
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Programs (4P’s)
- Steering Committee of QC Barangay Day
- QC Anti-Drug Abuse Council (QCADAC)
- City Development Council
- Liga ng mga Barangay
- LocalInter-Agency Committee (LIAC)
- Task Force Sixty Days
- Task Force Build 5
- QC Disaster Risk Reduction and Managemnet Council (QCDRRMC)
- QC Peace and Order Council (QCPOC)
- Local Comprehensive Emergency Program for Children (CEPC)
- QC Nutrition Committee
- QC Barangay Health Management Council (QCBHMC)
- QC Leadership Governance
- Gabayan ang Batang Ina
- TWG Anti-Sugary Juck Food
- Tark Force Disiplina
- Task Torce for Transport and Traffic Management (TFTTM)
- QC GAD Council
- Program Implementation Committee
- QC Council for the Protection of Children (QCCPC)
- Adolescent Health and Development Program
- QCTB Free Council
- QC Human Milk Board
- QC Mental Health
- QC Eye Care Program
- QC Health Board
- QC Sexually Transmitted Infection, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Council (QCSAC)
- Anti-Street Dweller and Street Clearing Operations Task Group
- QC Migration and Development Council
- Task Force on Solid Waste Collection, Cleaning and Disposal Services Management
- QC Hall Employees Athletic Association (QCHEAA)
- Committee on Accreditation, Selection and Monitoring of People’s NGO’s and Similar Aggrupation /CSR
- Task Force Manila Bay
- QC Climate Action Planning (CAP)
- Organization of different committees in the barangays
- Barangay Peace and Order Committee (BPOC)
- Barangay Ecological Solid Waste Management Council (BESWMC)
- Barangay Anti-Drug Abuses Council (BADAC)
- Barangay Disaster Coordinating Council (BDCC)
- Barangay Development Council (BDC)
- Barangay Livelihood Committee
- Barangay Council for Human Rights Protection
- Barangay Council for the Protection of Children
- Barangay Standing Committee
- Barangay Gender and Development (GAD) Focal Person
|BCRD OFFICERS||Plantilla Position / Present Position||Contact Number|
|GRACIA ROWENA F. DELA CRUZ||(Chief Administrative Officer)|
Acting City Government Department Head
|JASON G. BURCE||(Community Affairs Officer IV) |
Acting Head, Operations and Monitoring Division
|CHITO A. LAXAMANA||(Community Affairs Assistant II)|
Acting Assistant Head, Operations and Monitoring Division
|CEZAR A. MARCOS||(Community Affairs Assistant II) |
District I Coordinator
|ANGELITO B. PACIFICO||(Community Affairs Officer III) |
District II Coordinator
|EDGARDO D. SALCEDO||(Community Affairs Assistant II) |
District III Coordinator
|GIL L. VILLANUEVA||(Community Affairs Officer III) |
District IV Coordinator
|DANTE DC. TRINIDAD||(Community Affairs Assistant II) |
District V Coordinator
|DONARDO A. VENTURINA||(Community Affairs Assistant II) |
District VI Coordinator
|BLESILDA C. AGPAWA||(Project Evaluation Officer V) |
Acting Chief Administrative Division
|ELIZABETH D. GOMEZ||(Administrative Officer V) |
Head, Records Section
|CONSORCIA M. VASQUEZ||(Administrative Officer II) |
Head, Personnel Section
|MARGARITA M. VILLANUEVA||(Community Affairs Officer IV) |
Acting Head, Technical and Research Service Division
|GERRY H. DELLOSA||(Community Affairs Officer V) |
Head Planning and Programming Division
|Local 8528 and 8522|
BCRD CITIZEN'S CHARTER 2020