City Accounting Department
- 3rd & 4th Floor, Finance Bldg., Quezon City Hall, Kalayaan Ave., Elliptical Road, Quezon City
- 8988-4242 loc. 8328 / 8339
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
MS. RUBY G. MANANGU
The City Accounting Department (CAD) is in charge of processing, recording, and summarizing financial transactions and reporting the financial conditions and results of operations of the City Government.
To provide management with timely, relevant, and useful financial information and reports in making rational, prudent government spending and investment decisions responsive to the needs of its constituents.
To assist management in attaining operational efficiency, fiscal discipline, and strategic allocation of the Quezon City’s resources.
Conducting ourselves in an honest and credible manner, abiding by high ethical and moral standards
Achieving excellence in all our assigned responsibilities carried out with pride and professionalism
Meeting and facilitating the financial needs of the Quezon City local government
An Ordinance No. SP 635, Series of 1198, establishing the CITY ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT as mandated under Republic Act No. 7160, providing for its organization, defining its functions and responsibilities and appropriating the necessary funds for its operation and adopted on February 24, 1998.
As mandated in Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, the Accountant shall take charge of both the accounting and internal audit services of the Local Government Unit and shall:
- Install and maintain an internal audit system in the local government unit concerned;
- Prepare and submit financial statements to the City Mayor and to the Sanggunian concerned;
- Apprise the Sanggunian and other local government officials on the financial condition and operation of the City Government;
- Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
- Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of the requirements;
- Prepare statements of cash advances, liquidation, salaries, allowances, reimbursements, and remittances pertaining to the City Government;
- Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
- Post individual disbursements to the subsidiary ledger and index cards;
- Maintain individual ledgers for officials and employees of the City Government unit pertaining to payrolls and deductions;
- Record and post in index cards details of purchased furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including disposal thereof, if any;
- Account for all issued requests for obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto;
- Prepare journals and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by law or ordinance.
We commit to:
- Prepare clearly, comprehensively, and fairly present the financial statements on a timely manner in compliance with reportorial requirements.
- Inform local government officials and Sanggunian of the financial condition and operations of the city government.
- Know what needs to be done in the examination of supporting documents to determine completeness of requirements to every claim for payments.
- Promptly attend to all queries and provide assistance prior to the end of working hours and during lunch breaks.
- Record, maintain, and keep all records and reports related to disbursements, obligation of funds, journals, and index card details payments to contractors/suppliers, employees regardless of status.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities as public servants with utmost and genuine courtesy, fairness, honesty and in compliance with the law.
- Providing service to everyone without unfair discrimination and regardless of party affiliation or preference.
- Performing one’s duties with the highest degree of excellence, intelligence, skills and utmost devotion and dedication to duty. Endeavour to discourage wrong perceptions as dispensers or peddlers of undue patronage.
- Pre-Audit of Payroll/s Employees
- Pre-Audit of Disbursement Voucher – Procurement of Good, Infrastructure Projects, and Consultancy Services
- Verification of Application for Refund of Retention Fees (Guarantee / Security Deposits Payable)
- Issuance of Certification of Outstanding Cash Advance Balance
- Preparation of Liquidation Report
- Abstract of Revenue
- Preparation of Barangay Financial Statement
- Issuance of Certification for Taxes Withheld
- Issuance of Certification for Employees Mandatory Deductions / Contribution
- Processing of Accountant’s Advice for Local Check Disbursement Transmitted by Cash Division, CTO
Ms. Ruby G. Manangu
8988-4242 loc. 8801
Ms. Grecile P. Gumban
Assistant City Accountant
8988-4242 loc. 8800
Ms. Alicia A. Ostaco
8988-4242 loc. 8328
Barangay Accounting Services Division
Ms. Irene P. Jallorina
8988-4242 Loc. 8325
Financial Accounts and Analysis Division
Mr. Ernesto G. Hinal
8988-4242 Loc. 8323
Fiscal Management and Control Division
Mr. Cleto DG. Aquino
8988-4242 Loc. 8326
Receiving – Loc. 8337
Processing – Loc. 8341
Payrolls, Bills and Remittance Division
Ms. Maria Rowena C. Venturina
8988-4242 Loc. 8324
Revenue, Abstract and Statistics Division
Mr. Santos D. Peralta Jr.
8988-4242 Loc. 8322
CAD CITIZEN'S CHARTER 2020