The city has tied up with several organizations of society for the christmas lantern requirements of the city.
The project aims to provide livelihood opportunities and employment to the vulnerable sectors this holiday season, thereby making them productive, self reliant, and contributing members of their family and community.
The leaders of the different organizations were trained to make the traditional lantern and in turn, cascade them to their members through a production line. All supplies and matetials were provided by the city. Salaries and labor costs were also shouldered by the city.
The following are the 12 organizations the city has partnered with:
- Day Care Parent Association – Barangay Veterans, Escopa III, Dona Imelda and Pason Putik
- Solo Parent Association – Barangay Marilag and Tatalon
- Senior Volunteers Association – Barangay Project 6
- PINADAMA Home Owners Association – Barangay Commonwealth
- LUZVIMINDA Home Owners Association – Barangay Batasan Hills
- KISLAP Women’s Organization – Barangay Fairview
- Chapters of Ladies Association – Barangay Talipapa
- Purok Leaders Association – Barangay Bagumbayan
- Street Sweepers Association – Barangay E. Rodriguez
- SSDD Skills Training Graduates – Barangay Nagkaisang Nayon
- OFW Families Circle – Barangay Tatalon, Culiat, Bagbag and Commonwealth
- Parol ng Pag-asa Molave Youth Home – Barangay N.S. Amorant
All 20,000 produced lanterns were distributed to the 142 barangays of Quezon City.