Quezon City General Hospital
- Seminary Road, Barangay Bahay Toro, Project 8, Quezon City
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The new five-storey Quezon City General Hospital (QCGH) Medical Center is a 250-bed capacity tertiary-level hospital that provides the benefits of modern health care to the city’s poor constituents.
Situated in a 3.2-hectare property at Barangay Bahay Toro in Quezon City, the new QCGH is the product of a P1.5-billion redevelopment program directed at modernizing healthcare especially for indigents who cannot afford private hospital rates but certainly deserve the same quality service. The program has produced a new five-storey medical building where patients can expect affordable yet state-of-the-art healthcare utilizing modern technology, including a 4D ultrasound, colposcope with LEEP, two ECG machines, and a computerized radiography and digital fluoroscopy system. The hospital also boasts of a 64-slice CT scan, an acquisition which makes QCGH the first and only local government hospital to own this high-end diagnostic tool. was added to two existing ones.
From an old seminary built by the Jesuits from the Ateneo de Manila University in the 1940s, to a 25-bed capacity general hospital established under Mayor Norberto Amoranto in the 1960s, QCGH has undergone a number of renovations and repairs – but none as ambitious as the latest redevelopment.
As a tertiary-level hospital that provides training for tomorrow’s doctors, QCGH also features an operating room suite with a view deck for use of residents and nurses under training. There will also be a spacious nurse station with extra rooms for the students.
The new features of the Quezon City General Hospital Medical Center include:
• Five operating suite located at the main OR complex and one at the OB-OR complex
• One OR suite with a view deck for use of residents and nurses under training
• Eight-bed Service Case and six-bed Pay Medical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) equipped with patients’ monitor and a central monitor
• 10-bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit located at the OR complex and a separate four-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit
• 10-bed labor room and eight-bed delivery room with eight-bed recovery room
• Patient’s watchers’ area provided with air conditioning unit, and a toilet and bath for the Surgical ICU, Medical ICU, Pediatric ICU and even expectant fathers waiting for their wife undergoing labor and subsequent delivery of baby.
• 45 single rooms for pay patients with toilet and bath, hot and cold water and aircon as amenities
• Big and spacious nurse station with extra rooms for the students
• Centralized medical gas pipeline system and vacuum supply system
• Spacious lobbies on the first and fifth floors
• First floor with atrium for entry of natural light and ventilation purposes
• Four elevators, three service stairs and a ramp
• Automatic sprinkler system and CCTV cameras on all floors and corridors
The new diagnostic equipment and medical instruments also include:
64-Slice Computerized Tomography Scanner (CT scan) making QCGH the only government hospital with this high-end diagnostic tool
One purely dedicated cardiac ultrasound for 2D-echo procedures
Computerized Radiography and Digital Fluoroscopy system
10-patient monitors and a central monitor
One Leica microscope
One Colposcope with LEEP
Two ECG machines and eight defibrillators and two fetal monitors
Vision & Mission
Vision – The Quezon City General Hospital will be a center of excellence among local government hospital in the Philippines.
Mission – To provide effective and efficient health care services with total professionalism and dedication thru continuous quality improvement.
Dr. Josephine C. Sabando
Tel. Nos. 8426-1314 to 19 / 21 / 83 (trunk line)
8920-5002 (direct line)
Department of Anesthesiology
Department of Dental Medicine
Department of Dietetics
Department of Family Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Department of Ophthalmology
Department of ORL-HNS
Department of Pathology
Department of Pediatrics
Department of Psychiatry
Department of Radiology
Department of Surgery
Human Milk Bank
Human Resource Division
Medical Records Section
Medical Social Service
Planning, Development, Education & Research
Property and Supply
Public Assistance Office
Quality Management Unit