The Quezon City Government has intensified and upped its Rainy Season Preparedness Program by forming an inter-department task force to ensure the government’s preparedness and the public’s safety.
Headed by the Quezon City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (QCDRRMO), the committee is joined by the following departments who are also members of the Local DRRM Council:
- City Engineering Department – declogging of drainages
- Task Force Waterways – clean-up of waterways
- Parks Development and Administration Department – pruning of trees
- City Health Department – provision of prophylaxis to responders inanticipation of water rescue operations
- Department of Building Official – rolling up of billboards and other hanging materials in case of severe wind, coordination with DPWH for ongoing projects in flood-prone areas
The department is also inspecting and prepositioning boats in flood-prone areas and other equipment such as boats and Water Search and Rescue-equipment.